Rapid Literacy: Strategies for Face to Face, Online, or Hybrid Environment
When & Where:
9:30 am – 3:30 pm CST
Remote Learning via Zoom*
Presented by: Carol Salva
*Zoom link will be included in confirmation email.
What it is:
Do you serve High School, Middle School or Upper Elementary English learners who struggle to decode grade-level text?
The ability to successfully decode, comprehend, and infer is essential for students of all ages. This workshop will offer strategies to support students as they move towards acquiring greater literacy. The workshop is designed for teachers to apply the techniques in an online or face-to-face setting.
This 5 hour workshop will include
- Synchronous and Asynchronous experiences.
- Techniques educators can start using tomorrow
- Overview of balanced literacy and foundations of literacy development
- Practical methods that build decoding skills while supporting students at grade level
- Modeling of sheltered instruction practices that boost achievement of all learners online and in the face-to-face setting