When & Where:
February 28-March 1, 2022
8:30 am – 3:30 pm CST
Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center
2015 Market Center Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75207
Presented by: Natalia Heckman & Allison Hand
What it is:
We invite your classroom teachers and cross-curricular teams to attend this two-day institute. In this practical training, participants will gain an understanding of how to accelerate students’ language proficiencies through effective content-area instruction. Participants will create language-focused activities intentionally designed to help move students forward on TELPAS.
In this training, we will explore specific strategies that incorporate technology into content-area classrooms, helping students prepare for the speaking portion of the TELPAS assessment. Participants will create working lessons tailored specifically for their content-area.
Participants will receive:
- Strategies for improving student performance on all TELPAS domains
- Specific approaches to increasing students’ TELPAS speaking scores
- Tips for increasing student motivation toward TELPAS achievement
- Student-friendly TELPAS rubrics
- Sample TELPAS-aligned, content-area classroom activities
Who Should Attend:
- Content-area teachers of English Learners grades 3-12
- ESL teachers, Coaches, and Specialists
- ESL/Bilingual Directors and Coordinators
- Campus Administrators