When & Where:
December 7, 2023
8:30 am – 3:30 pm CST
Doubletree Dallas Market Center
2015 Market Center Blvd.
Dallas, Texas 75207
Presented by: Dr. Stephen Fleenor
What it is:
In the upcoming school year, are you hoping to see more students speaking and writing using academic vocabulary words in context? The Visual Non-Glossary is a resource designed to do just that! With over 3,300 structured visuals aligned to key science, math, and social studies vocabulary and over 10,000 conversation prompts based on the visuals, The Visual Non-Glossary is an invaluable tool for next-generation, student-centered instruction. In this workshop, which includes access to The Visual Non-Glossary, Dr. Fleenor models and explains how to use the resource in a variety of different lessons, and how to support teachers in using this resource.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Engage with The Visual Non-Glossary resource
- Plan out structured conversations using The Visual Non-Glossary
- Practice interacting with The Visual Non-Glossary from both the teacher and student perspective
- Engage with a variety of strategies to facilitate deep, structured conversations in the classroom
Who should attend:
- General-ed and ESL teachers
- Campus/district administrators
- Instructional coaches and specialists
- District curriculum leaders
Registration includes 1-Year access to The Visual Non-Glossary.