When & Where:
April 3, 2023
2:30 pm – 5:30 pm ET
Remote via Zoom
Presented by: Dr. Carol Salva, Dr. Michelle Yzquierdo, Elise White Diaz, & Dr. Marie Heath
What it is:
This 3-hour online workshop will include:
—An interactive session where participants will hear practical ideas for supporting recent immigrants in comprehensive high school settings.
—Topics will include ideas for:
- Scheduling to Allow for Changing Enrollment
- Identifying High-Impact, Practical Classroom Practices
- Offering PD without Utilizing Substitutes
- Lowering Stress for Faculty and Staff
- Current Research on Lowering Dropout Rates for
- Newcomers and SLIFE
—Video testimony by newcomer and SLIFE students.
—Resources to Continue Self-Directed Learning.
Who Should Attend:
- EL/ML Program Leaders
- Campus or District Leadership
- Campus or District Instructional Leads